Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another Broken Arm! What is going on this year??

This has been quite a year. Between the 2 boys we've had three trips to the ER and two broken arms.
Tonight while gathered for dinner and gingerbread houses, Gavin decided to jump down a few stairs (at least that's what we were told). All the adults were upstairs and I hear a lot of crying and screaming. I just assume it's the usual child is hurt thing. But, he cried longer and harder than usual. He looked pale and he felt cold. I finally dared to lift his long sleeve. We all saw it at once and headed right for the door!
Luckily the wait at the ER wasn't too long. Poor little guy trying to hold it still.

One bone is broken all the way through and the other has a "buckle" fracture. It was really bent out of place so they had to put him out and set it. What did they do in the old days when they didn't put them out? Poor people. I'm SO thankful for modern medicine!!!

At least he got a new dog to go with the baby horse he got during his last ER visit.

All done and just waiting to wake up enough to go home. I feel so sorry for my little buddy. Just in time for Christmas and everything.
I wonder if he'll stop jumping off everything now.




1 comments:

crawford said...

That is just so sad!!