Friday, October 30, 2009

Hospital Complaints

So, I went in for surgery on Sept 29th. I admit that I was not a great patient when I got there, but I am amazed at the stupidity of some nurses. I just have to complain.

#1 If a patient is freaked out that they are going to feel their surgery or wake up but be unable to tell anyone they are awake (I know, irrational fear on my part) DO NOT reinforce it by telling them that it happens. Don't tell them that you have had c-sections that you could feel. All this does is freak them out even more.

#2 Don't go with the first vein you find. I have TWO fabulous veins that nobody has ever missed, until this event. It's like they don't even try to be careful.

#3 Too many patients, too few nurses. I realize there is a nursing shortage, but seriously - when you have to ask 3 people to ask your nurse for your meds and they finally show up 3 or 4 hours later it's ridiculous. And I have to add that the person that ended up pulling through for me was the cleaning lady!!

I picked this hospital because they are the best in the area. But, even though it wasn't that busy I felt like some nurses were just over worked. It sucked. I did have one male PCT that usually didn't even work on that floor that was wonderful! He was checking on my constantly. I should have written a little note about him to pin on the "star" board in their hall.

0 comments: