Friday, December 12, 2008

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert 2008

Last night we went to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert for the 3rd year in a row. I have to say it was my least favorite one. I did not like the guess singer at all. He was SO cheesy and I felt like I was either on a cruise ship or watching a variety show. His songs didn't even seem to be related to Christmas. I guess I just prefer the more tradition Christmas concert.



On our way we up Melissa, Andrea, Liam, Jim, and I stopped at our favorite pizza place, The Pie!!

As you can see we got a small pizza. We didn't realize how big the biggest one would be since we called ahead. Oops. We had plenty left over.

Melissa sat with Liam, Jim, and I while Andrea, Jackie, Sue, and my dad sat upstairs in another section. This year you could only get 4 tickets together.

Liam enjoyed parts of it, mostly the same parts I enjoyed - the story telling section by the guy that was the head vampire in Lost Boys (I forget his name).

We had fairly close seats because we got there early.


And look who we found...my aunt Debi, her husband Bruce, and my cousin Corbin. We ended up in the same section.

Here is a shot from our view. It was very nice as always.

We left half way through the last song because we were 5 floors down in the parking garage and wanted to be able to get out. Last year we were stuck in there for almost 2 hours!! But, we stopped for a quick Temple picture before we took off. Thanks to Kristina and Tyler for babysitting!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I was there too, but I was late and was trying to get a mean old lady to let me in. It got a little crazy, but I only missed a couple of songs.

Ang said...

I love the picture of you all and the temple. It makes me homesick... I miss not seeing those beautiful lights every year. Bummer about the cheesy guy, but at least you have enough pizza!!!! Merry CHristmas, Jen!