Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

We carved our pumpkins on Monday. Gavin really wanted to help. Actually he wasn't trying to help as much as trying to eat the pumpkin.

I forget how much I hate actually carving the pumpkins until I'm doing it. I think I'm allergic to it or something. My hands are always stinging when I'm scooping out the goo. The pumpkin seeds are worth it though.

Here are the finished produces. I hope they last until Halloween without getting too gross.

And Jim decided that he was going to combine Halloween and election season into one. I hope we don't get egged or toilet papered. In case you can't read it, it says "No Bama". I'm sure he would have a lot more to say about that issue if he could fit it on the pumpkin!! He's very proud to have his No Bama pumpkin lit on our porch.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hear you, the pumpkin mess and stinging hands is no fun.

And I love the "Nobama" pumpkin!

crawford said...

oh what a cute family activity, I think I'm gonna paint my pumpkin this year instead of carve it!

Heidi said...

Wow! You guys are adventurous!