Sunday, September 28, 2008

Self Feeding - Blah!

I know that kids need to learn to self-feed, but I wonder if there is a way to put it off until they are more coordinated. Gavin absolutely will NOT allow anyone to feed him anymore. He wants the spoon, or fork if he can get it. Once in a while I can sneak a spoonful in if he's busy with his own spoon. It just such a mess. To make things worse, he will NOT wear a bib. He throws a fit and pulls on it until he gets it off. I just get to wash a few more shirts. When he's done he puts the "garbage" in the cup hole on his tray. That way we know he's done.

1 comments:

Luisa said...

I hate learning self feeding. I am totally at that stage with Eden too. They don't want your help but yet they aren't good by themselves. And at least with Eden, when I try to help her and she doesn't want it, she throws a fit and tries to throw her food. Joy of all joys!